The work of a Podiatrist can be poorly understood but it’s worth noting that any of the team in our Highton Podiatry Clinic will on every work of the year;
- Assess and diagnosis medical issues affecting the lower limb and feet
- Devise treatment plans to help manage the individuals diagnosis
We like to call the Podiatry team at Prosper ‘full service’. This means our Podiatrists will competantly manage any issue that affects your feet and/or lower limbs. Some of the common areas of Podiatry we deal with are;
- Dermatological: Any problem that affects skin and nails, like ingrown toenails, corns and warts.
- Musculoskeletal: This is the management of any muscle, tendon or ligament condition. Usually these types of problems require a rehabilitation program which involves strengthening the affected areas. There may also be a need for the use of foot orthotics and activity modification in managing these types of problems.
- Rheumatological: Essentially the medical names given to the arthritis family. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are the more common types of arthritis that we help manage.
- Diabetes: The assessment and management of diabetes foot care makes up a large part of our week as a Podiatrist. We assess circulation, nerve sensation and monitor high pressure areas.
- Paediatrics: The assessment and treatment of problems affecting children. This can range from issues pre-walking (like curly toes), through to young adolescence (like Sever’s heel).
On any given day it is likely that we will see at least one from each of the above categories. So it is important that as a Podiatrist we have a broad understanding of the medical conditions that can ultimately manifest into feet problems.
This means that your Podiatrist at Prosper will take a thorough look at your history to get a complete understanding of the problem that you’re experiencing.
If you are looking for a Podiatrist in the Highton area then rest assured that the team here can handle any problem that walks (or limps) through the door.
Call today, or book online to get your feet sorted today!